Every piece of ULI’s work that is funded by the Foundation is a tool to catalyze change. But the activities, books, and programs are not what builds a better world. It’s what happens afterward. How they are leveraged is what makes the difference.
The ULI Foundation generates about 50 percent of the dollars needed to fund the research, content, and convening work of ULI. These programs serve communities throughout the world that are facing urgent and complex land use, infrastructure, and transportation challenges. The intellectual content and thought leadership produced by ULI provide unparalleled sources of information to public and private sector leaders, from small towns to major metropolitan centers.
The Foundation supports a wide spectrum of programs to further ULI’s mission of providing leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
These programs include:
- Help for communities facing difficult land use problems.
- Real-world development team experience for graduate students.
- Recognition of individuals committed to the highest standards of responsible development.
- Resources for public officials seeking best land use practices.
- Support for a full spectrum of housing options, including workforce and affordable housing.
- Grants for projects that recognize or launch innovative public/private partnerships.
- Recognition of outstanding public destinations that enrich and revitalize the surrounding community.
- An education curriculum for high school and graduate students about the fundamental forces that affect development in the United States.
- A leadership initiative that promotes the advancement of women in the real estate industry.